What I Learned in January
1. I'm sold on bullet journaling! Have you heard of this? It's a way to make lists, take notes, organize and plan all in one spot! This is right up my alley! Just seems to flow with how my brain processes! I am SO excited! Just got my journals yesterday! Yep, it's those little, exciting things in life. . .
2. And speaking of exciting, I've been feeling a stirring to create around here. I've discovered and bought into the idea that we are all artists. Painting. Photography. Writing. Drawing. Crafting. Singing. Loving. It's all art. So, for my first creation of the year, I decided to figure out how to make a book wreath! A little whimsy, a little art, a little love. I'm thrilled! Thanks to Myquillyn and her book the Nesting Place for the inspiration!
3. And because I've been inspired to create, this past weekend I took my boys out on a little photography adventure. I love photography and getting behind the camera. Last year, I did a whole lotta photo snapping behind my phone instead of my big, real camera. So, in the theme of creating art, I decided it was time to grab my big ol' trusty camera again. But . . .with helpers. I gave my boys a mission and let them be the artists with my phone. We stopped at different places around our city and each one had a turn to snap. They were lying on their backs, perfecting the camera tilt, and framing their shots well! Even if a finger snuck into a frame! What did I learn from that? I need to let my littles have more control at times. More freedom. More room to create and imagine. They aren't little robots. They don't always have to have boundaries and rules. They need space too. Boundaries and rules are good and certainly needed. But, looking for an opportunity to give them space to imagine is something we will continue to do!
4. I don't have the perfect segue from creating space to our doggy, but I have learned something about our Glory this month. She's the perfect addition to our family! Oh sure, we rescued Glory back in November. We were smitten! But for me, she kinda quickly added one more being to our mix of 6. She was like adding a 5th child. And she was work. But then we sent her off to puppy school for 2 weeks. I was afraid I'd get used to not having a doggy again. And I did. I eased back into the 4 children is easier than 4 children and a doggy. And truthfully, it is. Oh, but then. Glory returned home from puppy school this week. I'm not sure what she learned. I've already cleaned up an accident in our house. She still doesn't sit on command. Or come to us when called. But I know what I've learned. Glory sure is loved! The boys were elated to have her back. Miles was telling strangers in the grocery store that we were getting our doggy back! I had a rough couple of days getting used to keeping up with her again. But the snuggles and her carefree bopping around the house and the seeing the love our boys have for her (Hubby included) warms my heart so much! She's another being in our house, but she brings joy! I love her and I'm happy to have her back home!
5. And finally, speaking of doggies. . .Super Bowl weekend is here! You know there's a big football game on Sunday night and I'm pumped!! I'm guessing you are pretty aware that with the Super Bowl comes the often discussed, super hyped commercials! I'll admit, I'm one for surprises. I certainly don't want to watch the commercials ahead of time. But it seems, there are many who do! My Hubby, my dad and my sister have all asked if I've seen this commercial. Nope! However, I'm excited to see it! Looks like Budweiser and their little doggy and Clydesdales are back with what is being touted as the best commercial this year! Certain to make me tear up! Watch below if you are ready, but I'll be waiting until Super Bowl Sunday!
Have a Super weekend!
Linking up with Emily to share what we've learned!