But, while we've had rough patches in each day, we've also had sweet spots too! And if you've been around here long enough, you know I like to keep it real. I'm not afraid to share the rough and tough. But today, I'm ready to share the good! Don't we all need a little good right now?
Hoping this FYI Friday encourages you, inspires you, or brings a smile to your face! Or even better, all of the above!
1. These. No, I'm not talking about my white legs (hey, I'm a red-head), I'm talking about my new running shoes. Yep, running. Haven't done it in way too long, but I love it and I'm so excited to have a new routine that is allowing me to take better care of myself. Yes, I get sick of hearing the "Take care of you" message that society preaches, but to some extent there is truth behind it. Our bodies are vessels for the Lord and taking care of what He has given us is important. I haven't been doing that. But I'm back at it!
And all of that being said, I have a new favorite band/artist/group that has been added to my running playlist! Do you know Rend Collective? Oh my goodness. I love them! And their album, "The Art of Celebration" released in March of this year is amazing! Just listen to "My Lighthouse" if you haven't heard it. Absolutely added to my playlist! In fact, I think I'm going to make a Rise and Shine playlist for my boys. We've been struggling with the grumpies in the morning since school has started. This CD will surely get you moving and focused on Him! Pumped!!!
2. And speaking of mornings. Perhaps one of the reasons I struggle with school and love summer so much, is because of the rush, rush, rush in the mornings that comes with school. But truly, it's not just in the mornings. It's sitting at stoplights. Come on, hurry up. It's waiting at a dr.office. It's in the beginning, middle and ending to our days. Rush, rush, rush. Well, this post, What We Miss When We Rush, by Lysa TerKeurst, speaks volumes to our Rush, rush, rush syndrome, and reminds us that we should slow down and embrace each other and each moment we are given. We are all made for a purpose. I especially loved this because every dime that she receives this week from her new book, The Best Yes (which I ordered) will support special needs children. Check out the story at 99 balloons (but be prepared to have tears streaming down your face).
3. And still speaking of mornings and school. Have you seen the "Baby Got Class" video? Well, my sister shared it with me yesterday, thinking I could enjoy it while eating Bon-Bons and propping my feet up. As soon as she sent it, I did just that. Well, I propped my feet up, but didn't have any Bon-Bons. Just a video to make you laugh this Friday. You're welcome. Check it out here. It will leave you in stitches.
4. And since I'm speaking of stitches, let's talk Stitch Fix. (See what I did there?) I received another fix! I don't think I've had a bad fix yet! Have you heard of Stitch Fix? Oh my! I love it! It's an online Women's Personal Styling site. Basically, you answer some questions about your style and professional stylists will pick 5 items they think you will love and send it to you! Just $20 for a styling fee, which is refunded to you if you keep just 1 item in your box. Plus, you will get 25% off the entire fix if you keep all 5 items! It's a box o' goodness! If you feel inspired to check it out, use this link and we both benefit!
5. And because my sister rocks the awesomeness, she sent me the video of Hugh Grant's dance moves in Love Actually to cheer me up, as I sent my boys off to school. We have a 3rd grader, a first grader, one in PreK and even little Waybe is going 2 days a week to a special needs preschool! Cannot believe it. So, my sister knew just what I needed, and it turned out to be the Love Actually dance scene. I mean, come on. Who doesn't smile at this? Even if you've seen it, you know it will make you smile. Just watch it again. We so love it! No, Way didn't watch it, but he did love his first day of school! And he made a face like his Mommy does while watching the aforementioned dance scene! :)
And now go--Enjoy your weekend!!